Some may question the benefits of membership; the GFMA offers a competitive advantage that sets them apart from other organisations. Potential members need to cut through the average to identify those which offer the best. Grimsby FMA can offer a commitment to working on behalf of its members. We offer a range of services that can be tailored to meet individual needs whilst at all times ensuring total confidentiality Whilst we are Grimsby based our membership is geographically spread from Aberdeen to Grimsby; therefore no matter where you are located you can be a member and receive full support.
Membership Services Include:
• Fish Settlement - a bespoke financial service that guarantees payment to suppliers, vessel owners, merchants' within 10 days. Weekly transactions average £600,000
• Legal - advice on matters relating to employment law and debt collection.
• Representation - we are proactive with industry related organisations especially Seafish. We represent our members on the Importers & Processors Panel and the Food Legislation Expert Group.
• Local Government - strong interface with North East Lincolnshire Council and their partner Cofely in respect of Regeneration and Environmental Health for advice on food safety, hygiene, waste disposal and export certificates etc.
• National and European Government - close liaison with MP's and MEP's
• Grimsby Fish Market - we are shareholders and are proactive in promoting the port to attract more supply. Grimsby can offer a range of services and competitive rates to visiting vessels.
• Seafood Grimsby & Humber - the marketing and project delivery organisation of the seafood cluster.
• Grimsby Institute of Further and Higher Education - we have a close association for training and industry innovation.
• Port Authority - we work closely with ABP on many issues but especially on waste management and the long-term redevelopment of the fish dock estate.
• Waste management - there are local companies who collect polystyrene free of charge and offer a competitive price for other waste streams.