Some may question the benefits of membership; the GFMA offers a competitive advantage that sets them apart from other organisations. Potential members need to cut through the average to identify those which offer the best. Grimsby FMA can offer a commitment to working on behalf of its members. We offer a range of services that can be tailored to meet individual needs whilst at all times ensuring total confidentiality.therefore no matter where you are located you can be a member and receive full support.
Membership Services Include:
• Fish Settlement - a bespoke financial service that guarantees payment to suppliers, vessel owners, merchants' within 10 days. Weekly transactions average £600,000
• Legal - advice on matters relating to employment law and debt collection.
• Representation - we are proactive with industry related organisations especially Seafish. We represent our members on the Importers & Processors Panel and the Food Legislation Expert Group.
• Local Government - strong interface with North East Lincolnshire Council and their partner Cofely in respect of Regeneration and Environmental Health for advice on food safety, hygiene, waste disposal and export certificates etc.
• National and European Government - close liaison with MP's and MEP's
• Grimsby Fish Market - we are shareholders and are proactive in promoting the port to attract more supply. Grimsby can offer a range of services and competitive rates to visiting vessels.
• Seafood Grimsby & Humber - the marketing and project delivery organisation of the seafood cluster.
• Grimsby Institute of Further and Higher Education - we have a close association for training and industry innovation.
• Port Authority - we work closely with ABP on many issues but especially on waste management and the long-term redevelopment of the fish dock estate.
• Waste management - there are local companies who collect polystyrene free of charge and offer a competitive price for other waste streams.